Monday, June 30, 2014

Self Employed or working from home – What is your motivation?

Self Employed or working from home – What is YOUR motivation?

Work From Home Self Employed Friends and Family FramilyIs your motivation spending time with Framily? Here I am yesterday with an old classmate from more than 30 years ago. I bumped into him at a local Starbucks, near our new Metro Rail facility on Crenshaw Blvd in Los Angeles. Boy, what a great time we had. I’m grateful that I was able to meet him instead of having to be at someone’s job, that mid-day afternoon. #winning

Is your motivation purchasing a new Mercedes Benz E350, off of the showroom floor? I understand the minor economics behind buying off the showroom floor, BUT I want to feel it. I desire to see it. Seek to smell it. This is something like what I want. 
Don’t judge me. 

Work From Home Self Employed Mercedes Benz E Class Motivated

Work From Home Self Employed Baldwin Hills Motivated
What about new digs in a new area or with a view? Say, for instance, the View Park-Windsor Hills area of Los Angeles. View Park-Windsor Hills was dubbed one of the richest Black communities in America. I like that. Maybe Baldwin Hills, CA. The view is amazing and they’ve even had their own reality show! 


I also like the charming cottages and duplexes in Hancock Park. That’s where the democrats frequent when in town. Recently, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held a book signing for "Hard Choices at Barnes & Noble in the local shopping plaza, “The Grove”. In addition, the La Brea Tar Pits and Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) are situated in nearby Miracle Mile.

Work From Home Self Employed Kawasaki Biker Chick Motivated
Making my own schedule and being able to enjoy my time without backlash or having to request permission motivates me. Also being a biker chick motivates me. I haven’t taken a lesson, but a friend did allow me to cruise around a gas station on his Kawasaki 600. It wasn't very big, but I felt cool “riding” it. I was given explicit instructions NOT to use the throttle. With the bike in gear I was able to just coast on the bike as the engine had a natural rev.

When I thought I was out of sight I snuck some gas to the engine using the throttle. No jerking. It was smooth as butter! He saw me and I was scolded, anyway. I know he was secretly  geeked and excited. I was too. I showed my excitement a little differently, though, by hopping up and down around the parking lot.

Work From Home Self Employed Motivated Bench WarmerJust like my one, two, or three golf lessons and never having played a round of golf…or maybe like idling around the parking lot on a motorcycle and never having rode on the open road – I feel like I stay suited up to play in the big game, but always end up BENCHED!

One day I’ll get my shot like FIFA World Cup substitute soccer player, Marcos Urena from Costa Rica who scored the winning goal upsetting the highly favored Uruguay earlier this month. As of late, Costa Rica defeated Greece advancing to the quarter finals.

I’ve got to get in the game. Motorcycles, lessons, gear, new houses and travel are not cheap. I AM motivated.

What motivates you to work from home or be self-employed? I'd ask, "What motivates you to work for someone else?" but that would be another post.


http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/01/03/10-richest-black-communities-america/5/

No comments:

Post a Comment